Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time to play

So I'm having fun playing with my RSS feeds and seeing what features are available. I think it hilarious that you can sort "my magic" - as opposed to oldest to newest etc!!!!

I also like the ways of organising, by folders, tags, starring etc. Now I just have to remember to use them. In Outlook I'm very pathetic at organising my feeds even though I know I can. So will have to make an effort during this learing time to pick up good habits of organising.

Not sure if I like this more or less than using Outlook. At this stage it is just different and needs some getting used to. I think ultimely I'll find it good but I just have to get used to it first. My brain hadn't yet computed that once we stop using Outlook I will need to read some of my work related RSS feeds some other way and it makes sense to use a Google product given we will be using Gmail. So I will definately end up using it for work, not sure if I will use it at home or not. The reason I started using RSS feeds both at work and home was that I didn't need to go and look at websites each day I could have them come to me instead, the more the list of website I read has expanded the more this has become imporant. For work especially I find this great. i get a couple of messages each day about things I might need to know on the idesk or things that I need to know for my job, it is really easy to keep up to date with things without needing to remember to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment